Saturday 27 July 2013

It's all about Eva's cafè...

 Oh hello again! 
It's been a while but after our high from the canyon we have had a chilled week in Salt Lake City,so here's the report of what we got up to!
Our bus journey from Arizona to Utah was quite literally the definition of breathtakingly beautiful. Regardless of the fact we were cooped up on a greyhound bus, I was lost in my own little world listening to Bastille whilst admiring the scenery! 
Once arriving in Salt Lake City, the view didn't disappear. Although we were in quite a modern city centre the landscape of mountains surrounded you in any direction you looked! It was a little surreal to see mountains beyond forever 21 I have to say.

Anyway, our first day was spent getting to know out surroundings. We worked out the public transport system and took the 5 minute train Into city creek. We may have popped Into forever 21, Kate may have purchased a reaaalllyy pretty dress and I may have nearly weed myself with excitement when I saw the Cheesecake Factory. Salt Lake City was looking to be a very good week at this point!
We done the touristy thing if walking around and we came across Times Square which was beautifully filled with all-sorts of flowers, fountains and pretty buildings! 






The following morning we went to a beautiful little cafè, Eva's, this day marked the start of a fair few visits to the Boulangerie. I had an almond croissant and fresh fruit, Kate had granola with honey and yoghurt! Simple, but it was such a lovely breakfast. On our way out I caught sight of many macaroons and I got a tad excited, so if course we both got one for a snack later on in the day. In 38 degree heat we walked up a steep hill and came across utah a Capitol state building were we sat on a bench and had a proper good natter. It's weird that although we spend every minute if every day together, you sometimes forget to talk about things. So a couple of hours passed, I Indulged in my pistachio macaroon and Kate a lemon macaroon then we got a little giddy and started prancing around in our floaty skirts and dresses. 





Most evenings in Salt Lake City typically I ended up slouching on our double bed watching keeping up with the kardashians, Kourtney and khloe take Miami or cake boss. With some strawberry twizzlers and a sprite at hand also!  This is what I mean by a chilled week in SLC you see!

However, next day we decided to rent some bikes and go for a ride in the mountains. We got 3 blocks up from the hostel and I got a flat tyre. We went for breakfast then returned the bike and just walked to a park and had a picnic of twizzlers and cheetohs. We are like, so totally American right!?

A couple days later we done what Kate had been eager to do for ages now and that was horse riding in the mountains! I was also excited to do this and I cannot say just how incredible it was. We got a private tour that lasted 2 hours, me and blitz developed a great relationship. As did Kate and shian (I think that was the name of her horse :/). We got to 8000 feet up in the mountains and the view over Utah was ridiculous! It was a very good day, but i couldn't wait to get out of my jeans and shower! Hot and horsey.. Ummm!



Throughout our week in SLC we paid Eva's a visit 4 times, the cinema 3 times (despicable me 2, the heat and some other film about a girl but it was horrific!) and I ended up purchasing a really pretty dress from forever 21 also. Waheeeey for credit cards ;)

The highlight of our week in SLC was te evening we went to the Cheesecake Factory! We waited a while to get in but my god it was totally worth it! Everyone knows I am a sucker for cheesecake so you can imagine how hard it was for me to choose 1 out if around 30 different types! I opted for an Oreo one but it was so huge that it took me 3 days to finish it. Not only was the pudding extremly good, both mine and Kate's main course was to die for. I would say it was one of our favourite meals out here so far! (Not forgetting tgi Fridays steak though!) I had an amazing pasta dish that was packed full if flavour and Kate opted for Gumbo, a very American dish!
All in all, it was an amazing night and I highly recommend that if you go to america to pay it a visit!




Our week soon passed and yesterday we left for San Francisco! We got here today and it is very cold but it will be an amazing week because we are meeting with some of Kate's family. Let the wine drinking and fun filled days commence!

We now only have around 3 weeks left in America and this makes me very sad, but we will enjoy EVERRRY single day left out here :D

Yas xo

No comments:

Post a Comment